JOIN US AT KW&A
JOIN US AT KW&A
Kimberlina Whettam & Associates (KW&A) is always looking for team members to join our organization. Current employment opportunities are listed on this page.
Click on any employment opportunity to expand the full job description.
Use the form on this page to send your resume for our review.
KW&A is an equal opportunity employer.
Kimberlina Whettam & Associates (KW&A), LA’s top development consulting and municipal permit expediting firm, is in search of a Senior Project Manager to join our team. (And if we didn’t lose you at “municipal permit expediting,” then this might just be the place for you!
Launched in 2008, KW&A is a boutique women-owned firm specializing in project approvals for land use projects. We are passionate problem-solvers and masters of follow-through. We geek out on regulatory minutiae and draw profound joy from getting things done. We value curiosity, collaboration and, most of all, integrity.
Relationships are fundamental to our success, and we are proud to work with LA’s most talented groups of architects, engineers, contractors and developers. As part of these development teams, we have gained approvals for some of the city’s most defining projects of the past decade, including Academy Square, Columbia Square, Dodger Stadium, Google, LAX Automated People Mover, Netflix, Sunset Bronson Studios, Westside Pavilion as well as several high-end custom single-family homes.
The Senior Project Manager is an excellent manager of time, budget and human resources, a strategic thinker with strong analytical and decision-making skills, and a great team player with superb clarity and attention to detail. Working with a team of associates, the Senior Project Manager artfully shepherds multiple projects from start to finish while fostering a collaborative, supportive and productive environment.
What You’ll Do
- Manage project approval process through City and & County agencies
- Process B-Permit, tract maps, parcel maps, PMEX cases, street vacations, revocable permits and other Bureau of Engineering approvals
- Expedite project plans through various government agency processes
- Submit, effectuate and vest approved entitlements
- Prepare pre-development feasibility analyses for prospective clients
- Develop project timelines, fee estimates and entitlement strategies
- Prepare Environmental Assessment Forms for ND or MND status
- Track City land use policy that may impact client and KW&A services
- Perform site research, site visits and zoning research
- Attend project meetings and conference calls
- Manage team associates to meet project deadlines and objectives
- Work with clients, architects, engineers, traffic consultants, contractors and other development team members to achieve project goals
- Lead periodic Q&A sessions and training sessions for KWA staff to assist with team development by exchanging information
What We Offer
- A competitive salary
- Comprehensive training and professional development
- A pleasant work environment
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid time off
What You’ll Need
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (Preferred but not required)
- Work Experience: 3+ years in permit expediting, planning entitlements, or construction industry
- Skills: Approval process experience and construction industry knowledge a must, along with strong communication, problem-solving, customer service, time management, teamwork, delegation and organization skills.
SUBMIT YOUR RESUME
Use this form to submit your resume in application for any open position with KW&A. Thank you for your interest in Kimberlina Whettam & Associates.